Wednesday 12 March 2014

ouch..........

I seem to have a scratch or bruise on me all the time lately...............the other day it was a rusty piece of wire on the gate and it was a little deeper on my shin.............bleed everywhere..............I was mustering cattle so had to keep dabbing it with a tissue until it stopped bleeding and I got home to clean it up..............
But it did make me think when did I get my last tetanus needle?????
At the Dr's yesterday and he said I should have a tetanus booster needle...............checking my records the last one was 2003...........holy dooley..........I thought it was awhile ago but I didn't think that long ago.....way past needing a booster.......
So while the Dr decided I needed to have the booster needle I also asked about the flu needle................
Off to the nurses room and 2 jabs later one in each arm................didn't hurt getting the needles but ouch during the night they started hurting..............so I am up bright and early...........couple of mild pain tablets to take the edge off the sore shoulders.........they'll be fine in a day or so.....least of my worries compared to the fact that tetanus can kill you...........
When did you have a tetanus booster last??? 
If you can't remember go to your Dr's and get them to check your records......
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

14 comments:

Annie said...

You are a good girl miss Chooky...ouch!

FIONA said...

Tetanus - check (tick) Thanks for the reminder though Chooky - and you have a FANTASTIC time at Nundle! You deserve a few days of friendship and laughter and the distraction of needle and thread and good friends! Take care my friend xx

Lenora said...

I'll be thinking of you this weekend, have a fabulous time, you deserve it!

Show and Tell said...

Lucky they didn't stick them in your butt.....Lol

Miriam said...

I can sympathise with the sore arm. I had my tetanus booster last month. I've never had a flu shot.....maybe a should.

Have a ball at Nundle!

Noela said...

Glad you got your needles up to date Chooky. Hugs......

Susan In Texas said...

Holy Thursday 1987; I cut myself with a saw. The tetanus shot I got that day swelled up my arm and turned it bright red and hot for a week, just like it did in 1970 when I got my only other tetanus shot at age 10. I don't mind needles. I get the flu shot every year, but tetanus? No thanks. I'll get the shot when I need it and I haven't needed it for 27 years now. Whoo hoo!!

Take care,
Susan in Texas

Raewyn said...

Good on you - um I cant remember either so guess I should follow your advice. However a paper wasp sting the other day is still hurting so I'm not too keen...!!!

Pinnylea Creations said...

They're a necessary evil especially in your line of work. I looked after a rose gardener in ICU a few years ago and he was with us for weeks; eventually went home but even then had a long road to recovery all because he "forgot" his tetanus booster. Prevention is definitely the way to go. xx

suz said...

here in the US they are becoming required periodically and often for particular positions. My son is about to go to work at a hospital (in management) and a tetanus was required. I got what they called a "booster" last year although I don't ever recall getting one in the first place! Thanks for the reminder though.

Fat Quarter Bird said...

Better to be safe than sorry......nothing worse than lockjaw.....especially at GDITC. :-) have fun, you deserve a fun break!

Jenny said...

Hmm you've made me think now!

Farmyard Stitches said...

2010! They put tentanus and whooping cough together and I had whooping cough when H was born!

Leanne said...

What a brave girl you are. Those tetanus needle do give you a sore arm.