Saturday 21 January 2012

i'm back.........

i'm back.........well we'll give it ago and see how long it lasts......21 days and 2 dodgy posts- sorry........the holidays are winding down and I have done nothing I had planned except a quick trip to Sydney to see "Annie" and a couple of days with 2 lots of friends catching up with a few others while there too...........everything else hasn't happened and we have been busy with other things............anyway today I have finally had a day of nothing..............me and the lounge had a date......laptop on my lap............I have been catching up with the SAL blog and going thru emails...........I am nearly done.............I have some blog posts to catch up on that I had starred when I was toooooo busy to do anything else and finally my reader says no new feeds..........
I have totally lost the plot with my blog.............. unusually I have forgotten what I had posted last.....I had to go back thru to see what I was up to myself...........lol.........anyway I so needed to update the header photo...........Christmas is long gone and I can't believe we are so far thru January...........
I had to go hunting for something new for my header............I took these pics in November..........I think it was late November when things started to get too crazy busy.....it does come with the time of the year so is expected but I have usually caught up by the new year.........finally I can show you.........
&&&&&
&&&
I see there are lots happening in 2012...........so many challenges, BOM, a few swaps, goals etc............OMG it is overwhelming...........I am not going to do anything for the time being.................and I am not one for making new year resolutions............but goodluck to those who have plans...........i'm just going to wing it for now.............and I hope to get some good time at the sewing machine soon.........or even hand sewing..........it's been about 3-4 weeks and not a stitch..............I had a little home maintenance sewing yesterday but that's it and I can tell you that wasn't exciting bit depressing really......................  
&&&&&
&&&&
this is a parcel Cindi in the USA (no blog) sent to me before Christmas.............she had seen a post where I was asking for a magazine (the one on the right)...........it wasn't available here anymore anyway she tracked it down and a couple more and sent them off to me............and look at that cool piece of fabric she included too.........thanks so much Cindi............she was repaying a favour.........not that she needed too..........
Earlier in the year I helped her out with this pattern............one of the months in the "Breast of Friends" BOM....the block by Leanne Beasley.........I still had the magazine with the design and when she saw the gorgeous cushion Maree made for me she asked about the pattern...........
and I thought I had posted this photo but I hadn't so now here is Cindi's version.........she made it for a friend who of course LOVED it............
Anyway I have emailed all my pics to posts and I have about 7 to do to prepare to show you everything I am behind with................so i'll go and prep another one now and be a little ahead..............maybe............hope to see you again soon...............

Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

PS who is Annette that was at Anni's shop this week??? 

40 comments:

Miriam said...

Great to see you back Chooky! :) You have been missed.
Love your new header photographs.

I hope life slows down a little for you.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Love your new header and welcome back

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely to see you back
Hope you took time to smell the roses and it hasnt all been busy busy

Kylie said...

Welcome back Chooky .. I know how you feel with life being just a little bit too crazy ... maybe things will settle down when the kids go back to school ... but then maybe not. xxx

Jan Maree said...

great new look on your blog and great to have you back! Hope things settle down soon

AnitaS said...

Lovely new header. I hope live will be a litle bit easier for you soon.

Chocolate Cat said...

Nice to see you back! Sounds like you have been busy. Love your new header!

Susan said...

Its lovely to have you back. Hopefully things will settle down a bit and you can do some sewing. Beautiful yellow flowers in your header.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Glad to see that you got the magazine you wanted. I think I have four out of five of those magazines. I just can'r help myself - and Quilts and More is my favourite.

I need a lesson on doing blog headers - maybe a lesson in March would be good.

Anonymous said...

great to have you back Chooky and love your new header,the pics are awesome.xx

De said...

Great new header. Hope the date with the couch went well!

Unknown said...

Welcome Back..Glad you had a Good Break..love the New Header.
cheers

suzitee said...

Welcome back Chooky!

Lorraine said...

Welcome back ......busy time of year for you.....don't forget to take some time-out for yourself...hopemyou kept the appointent with the couch......I got very well acquainted with mine over the holidays!

Satu said...

Nice to 'see' you again, Chooky, with a new header ;o) Isn't it quite freshing do something else than sew or write, when you have thousands of other things to do? Maybe I have to try it too... but not now, because there IS all too much nice happenings in the sewing/blogging world... See you soon;o)

Ann said...

Welcome back Chooky! I love the yellow flowers in your header - what type of flower are they??
I hope life slows do a little for you and you can find time to do some stitching :)

Deb said...

welcome back Chooky. Your new header is gorgeous. You sound as if you have been extremely busy so you deserve a rest now.

Deb R said...

Welcome back!!! Hope it wont take you too long to get back into the swing of things :)
I have only seen one new person in Annis a few months back she was an older lady? Not sure who she is but shes taken MY JOB. If I worked there Id never have a paycheck would all be to pay off the account lol

Googy Girl said...

welcome back Chooky

loving the new header, i can never get myn to spread across the whole page....

gorgeous cushion hope things stay a little calmer for you

DAWNIE said...

you have been missed in blogland, but i am sure you feel much more refreshed now after escaping the bedlam of overload of emails after your mammoth efforts in Secret Santa etc. I am sure everyone feels for you after such a huge task.

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello, I appreciate your visits and comments whenever you get by....I see on some blogs where their owners are signing up for block swaps and other swaps but I've not committed to anything yet myself....and I've not made a list of projects for 2012 either....I do need to find some stitching and cross stitch projects so I have hand work in the evening, though....
blessings,
Mama Bear

Fiona said...

lovely header pictures... yellow is such a happy colour... good to have you back in blogland..... missed you...
Hugz

Lynny said...

Great to see you back, I hope you had a lovely break, love your yellow flowers....hugs

FIONA said...

Well .... helloooooo Miss Chooky!! Long time away and we have all missed you heaps! Great to see you're back and glad to see that you had made that all important date with the lounge! It's so easy to do ... get tied up in everything and all the visitors and stuff .... and not remember that the lounge is for relaxing and regenerating and ..... STITCHING!!! Make an appointment with that lounge for at least half an hour each day!!! Take care - we all love you lots and have missed you heaps! xxxx

Kaye R said...

Hi Chooky, glad to hear the sillies are settling. I am looking forward to the routine of school etc, I get more accomplished......... : )

Carole said...

Welcome back! Yea, life gets busy! Ask me how I know? lol The next thing you know it's weeks later.... have fun catching up! Lovely goodies! Thanks for Sharing! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Was the Annette tall, gorgeous, stunning figure and amazingly creative?
Wasn't me then.

Cheers,

Annette

Shiralee Stitches said...

So pleased you're back on track....my bloggy land lacks heaps when you're not in it......hug....I love your new header, and I think it's lovely that you update it from time to time...I'm with bettsylyn, I need a lesson or two on how to update mine from my computer whiz friend (wonder who that is??)....lol....

Cheryl said...

So great to have you back...you were definitely missed!! Winging it sounds pretty good to me..that's what I should be doing! Love the header.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nice to see you back...love your header..

Jenny said...

Hi Chooky-I know how you feel-the holidays just fly and time marches on! Love the new header too-that flower looks like the white one I have. How long do yours last ? Mine only last a day and a night-blink and you miss them! Welcome back and good luck with getting everything down

Sylvia said...

Hi Chooky. So pleased to see you back in Blogland! We have missed you.

Salley said...

Cool header.
Chartreuse is the new .....(fill in whatever colour was soooo "last year")
Hope its not too hot to stitch.

FloS said...

I'm very happy you're back !!
Florence

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Chooky, welcome back!!! Funny how sometimes a lot of stuff just doesn't get done, especially in January ha ha...the month of just winding down and only doing what has to be done...having said that I haven't had a day to myself yet since just before Christmas...I like you date with the lounge...might have to try that one!!!

Kris said...

It is good to "read" you again! Hope you get to some fun sewing soon!

Leanne said...

Welcome back my friend.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

love your new header, we have a ton of snow on the ground so seeing your beautiful flowers are refreshing! Nice to hear from you again.

Nicky said...

Welcome back to the land of blog! Great to 'see' you again ...... and to know that life is returning to normal. Annie sounds like lots of fun....

shelley said...

Nice to see you back in blogland...I hear you re the busyness...Just got back from 3 weeks at the beach camping with DH. Talk about wind and rain. It was our 1st real attempt at camping with tent. It was interesting but we had fun.