Monday 24 August 2009

emergency.........

Just to let you all know I am home safe and sound it has been a long day but not without drama..........

I have always tried to keep up to date with my First Aid certificate..............you know those 1-2 days you do (well that's what you do in Australia) to deal with an emergency if you come across one.................be it at home or out and about

I started out in Girl Guides I think as a badge you could do so it has been many years and many refresher.................never really had to rely on it before now........

but in the last month I have really had to use my skills 2 times...........
(don't want to have to use them again either)

today in our long trip home we came upon a car accident..............work van flipped onto it's top.............I didn't see it happen but Mr Chookyblue did and we immediately pulled up.....as I was getting over to the vehicle a million things were going thru my head but all those courses came flooding back..........

.......long story short all is well with the man in the accident (well he was when the ambos took him for a hospital check) no major injuries much to my relief but I feel confident I took charge of the situation well and did all the right things...............I was fearing the worst when I went over -with the look of the van............I was ever so relieved to hear that mans voice and see movement........

here is the message

GO DO A FIRST AID COURSE NOW...........

you never know when you may need it

it could be a complete stranger or someone you know and love

don't leave a comment on this post cause I have a pile to go thru instead

GO BOOK A FIRST AID COURSE

NOW

and if you sent an email in the last week and don't have a reply then you will just have to wait I am buggered and going to bed .......

.......the bloggy fun wore me out - so much to tell...............

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I never follow instructions -one of the things you don't know about me!

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's lucky that you were exactly where he needed you to be.

I too have been taking first aid since girl guides. I've only needed to use it once. Everything did come flooding back to my brain but I had a scary few moments of 'what do I do!'.

Here's hoping you don't need to use your first aid skills again.

Julia said...

Oh my gosh Donna...my heart just beats a hundred to one when I see an accident..I would just freeze up!
Good to hear you could help and the man is Ok..
Julia ♥

Joolz said...

It should be mandatory that every child in Year 8 High School completes a Senior First Aid certificate then 3 years later in Yr 11, do a refresher course. My daughter in Yr 10 has done it as part of her V.E.T Allied Health course. She now comments on TV shows when they are not applying first aid correctly.

Good on you for being able to act accordingly in this emergency.

Sorry I commented! :)

Cheers - Joolz

Wendyb said...

sorry for commenting but I feel the need!!!
It's good to hear it all kicks in, cause I do a refresher course every three years for work and I'm scared stiff I'll forget it when the need arises.
thanks for the positives...knowing it is all worthwhile doing it, makes all the difference.
Go have a sleep....you deserve it!!!
;o) Wendy

OzRose said...

Just going to say "hugs"