Saturday 2 August 2008

Are you ready for the SSCS 2008..............

(feel free to save the logo and add it to your side bar....directions here)

After having a fun time in the Christmas Swap last year with 80+ participants I decided I am going to run it again………….1 person didn’t send and 1 present didn’t arrive so that is pretty good. ……( those 2 girls didn’t miss out though)

If you want to see what happened last year go to my labels and choose Secret Santa Christmas Swap

Here is what Cheryl wrote about last year’s swap……….

August 10 of last year was my very first post and there leaving a comment was Chookyblue. "Welcome to blogland" she says. "Why not dive in head first and sign up for my Christmas Swap" she says. "Yippee" I say!!! I am all about Christmas...and then the adventure began with Elf Donna at our helm for the first ever Secret Santa Christmas Swap! Who would have guessed that 80 + swappers from all around the world would participate, and out of this wonderful idea from our own Chookyblue (aka Elf Donna) such wonderful friendships would be made, not to mention such wonderful gifts exchanged! So what do I say...come on...dive in head first and join Chookyblue's Secret Santa Christmas Swap, and let the magic begin!”

Cheryl Polka Dots & Rick Rack

The rules are simple

  • Don’t tell anyone who your swap partner is please. This is a secret swap shhhhhhhhh!!!!!! A different person will be sending to you……….
  • You have to be willing to post internationally
  • You need to have an active blog …....posting a couple of times a month…….. so your partner can sneak a peek and get ideas of what to make for you and they know you are active……………therefore existing
  • You can make whatever you want eg, bag, wall hanging, softies, stitchery, table runner - whatever it is you love to make………send something you would love to receive…..
  • Sign up deadline is when I have toooo many people (last year I was going to leave it open for several weeks but had to shut it within a week)
  • Swap partners emailed out mid to late August
  • Sending (not before 10th November) deadline is 25th November to ensure your partner gets their present before Christmas (remember reason for swap)

· Please don’t sign up if you are not prepared to send, non-senders!!!! will be named and shamed

· Make sure you "thank" your Santa – very important

· If If you are difficult to contact you may be dropped from the swap………..several times between now and the deadline I email out and you MUST reply………so if you are going away for a week or 2 just let me know

· If everyone can follow the above it will make for another very successful SSCS………..

· Any problems make sure you contact me

  • If you want to join email me I need your

Name, Address (including country), email and blog address

Cheryl and Laila still have the SSCS 2007 logo on there sites so auto entry for those 2 girls...........

CLOSED*******CLOSED*******CLOSED

.........take care til next time.............

.......Chookyblue..........

54 comments:

Unknown said...

I've just sent you an email with my vital stats.....lol....

Yvonne said...

Me too....email is on it's way. :)

Solstitches said...

Please add me to the list Donna. My email has been sent :)

Helz said...

Email on it's way !!! Gotta Play...

Unknown said...

I am going to e-mail you. Hurray, hurray. I hope I am not too late :(

Donna said...

Email sent. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Karen said...

Count me in...email on the way;)

Unknown said...

I'm in - how exciting!! Jo x

Christine said...

Just sent an email with my details. Sounds like fun.
Christine

Debbie said...

Email is on its way. Count me in plz.

Debxx

quiltygal said...

ohhh count me in I loveee xmas I'll email you right now

tami said...

I had so much fun last year. I would LOVE to do it again. email on it's way.

~Tanner said...

Email on its way!


~Tanner
--from www.tannersnotes.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Please count me in too. I will send you an email now. Thanks so much!

Amanda said...

This sounds great fun and I've sent you an email. But i can't get the picture to put on my blog - perhaps it's because I use a Mac. Any ideas?

jacquie said...

Email sent. This is going to be great fun!

Chookasmum said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, count me in please. Email on its way

Trudi said...

Add me to the list! Email on way.

Anonymous said...

Me too please! Shall send an email.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I just sent an email. Can't wait.
Bonnie

Leanne said...

I've just e-mailed you my details, this sounds like lots of fun,

Leanne

Nemo said...

Yay!! Yes! Oh please count me in!

keslyn said...

You know of cause I will be part of it, love swaps.
Kerry

Helen said...

You can count me in! This year I'll join in with the fun. I've just e-maild you my details. Can't wait to find out for who I will be making a Christmas present. I've posted the logo on my blog :)

Unknown said...

Great fun, exciting and wow.... I´ve already e-mailed!

May Britt said...

I'm in you know LOL
I'll mail you the information you need :)

rachelmp said...

I would like to join! I'll send you an email in a minute too.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh it is so tempting ...but I can not ...I do have 6 PIF to be made ...so I will have to pass on this one...but I don´t want too!!!! :o)

Vickie said...

oh yes count me in please,email on its way to you
cheers Vickie

Rhonda said...

Ho ho ho... sounds so much fun. Count me in! email on the way.

María Elena said...

Add me to the list! Email is on my blog.
Regards from Chile.

Nancy said...

I would like to join, however when I click on your email link my Microsoft will not connect. Can you email me please so that I can get your address? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nancy

Sherry said...

I'll email you now! Sounds like fun!!

Sherry

Laila said...

Hello Elf Donna. I.m so happy I'm in the swap. It was so fun last year. May be I will collect all your logos on my side. Have a great day :-)

SusanPatch said...

Sounds great fun!!!I would like to join and will send you an email with my personal details.
Who will be my partner???? Exciting..
Regards from Spain

Cleary (Cie) said...

I'm sending you an email with all the information I love doing Secret Christmas Swap.
Cleary in Florida

Oddbjørg said...

Hello,
It sounds exciting, so please count me in.
E-mail is sent.
Oddbjørg

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh how much fun! I just sent an e-mail with my info.

Anonymous said...

Please count me in.
I saw this swap sign along with some awesome creations last year. I am sooo happy I can participate now!
E-mail is on its way.

annemariesquilt said...

Hi I would love to be part of this swap, but I am not abel to send an email until tomorrow...
I hope its ok with you?

chook said...

I would love to join in on this swap
but I just read your last post
so I will hold of on the email for a little while
i do hope I can get in
hugs Beth

Jenny said...

Hope I'm not too late-would love to be included again this year-Thanks for hosting again-even if it is getting bigger than Ben Hur!!!

Odette said...

Hello, I would love to participate,please add me to the list Donna.
Regards from Chile
Odette

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Would love to join this swap! My first one ever! Sounds like so much fun.
Diane

Noémia said...

I would like to join your secret santa christmas swap. Please sign me in. I've mail you now. Regards from Portugal!

Bek said...

I would love to take part if the swap is still open.

Thanks

Bek

KarenC. said...

I would like to be part of the Santa Swap. I will send you an e-mail with my vitals stats. It looks like lots of fun.

Mar said...

I wanna cry, I didn't make it in time! Please put me on stand by. Just in case there is any possiblity to get in on this fun swap.

Anonymous said...

too fast ! Oh well....I'll look out for next year! Have fun!

rachel griffith said...

please place me on stand by as well. i just now saw the link.
boo.
lol.

jovaliquilts said...

Oops...I just folllowed a link here and read to the bottom where it says CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED! Guess that means I lost out. Maybe next year! It sounds like fun.

Julie said...

I just came across this swap today..
Am I too late??? I would love to join if possible.
thanks julie

corry said...

Donna good luck with hosting the SSCS 2008, with so many participants it must take you quite some time to organize things! I'm so looking forward on seeing all the beautiful things the secret santa's are gonna make! I'm sorry for not taking part this year (it's that no time problem), maybe next year?

Best wishes, Corry

Anonymous said...

This is a great swap!!!

Mama from http://www.sirpriz.com
Make friends, swap, and send and receive some gifts around the world