Wednesday 30 April 2008

please bear with me I did well........

the local show has been on and I entered some photograpy and sewing.............I did well really well.....just let me gloat for a few minutes.............first time I have come home with more money then it cost to do the entries.......lol......

......3 firsts here.......carry bag (big bag), hangbag, and soft toy

the entries were down on last year which was abit disappointing and the flowers sections was pretty low but there are not many blooms around at the moment...........our show is usually a little later........

the dark quilt in the middle got first in the flannel quilt section...........

the quilt on the right is my quilt and i am very please...............

here are the ribbons for it...........first again.............Champion in the Patchwork section and most successful exhibitor.........yeh..........a stitchery also got a first..............

Book worm got to hold a snake...............highlight of the day....................or was it first in his painting or going on one of the big rides and throwing up everywhere...(including on his mate)..........lol.........(his grandmother took him on that I know his tummy can't do it)

Some of the High School kids did these great chooks painting on hessian and some blanket stitch around the edges..............they looked fab..........


more chooks ........you know I had to show you these...............

this painting didn't get a prize but it is my favourite...............(not my painting)

I also entered some photos did really well there............

.....4 firsts, 2 seconds and 3 thirds...............lots of great photos in the entries this year so I was very lucky.............

...............take care til next post.............

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

How amazing are you?!!!! Well done! Thank you so much for the mention it was very kind of you! I have had a chookyblue load of traffic as a result! ;)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well done,....that is fantastic..you should gloat too...they are all so very beautiful...and I love the chooks...well done again Madam Champion.....

Leanne said...

Well done Donna I had a little chuckle about book worm and the ride. Lucas hates them for that very reason.

Katie said...

Indeed you did do well. Congratulations! :-)

Gail said...

well done you should be very proud! Have a great time on the weekend, you will have a ball!!

Anonymous said...

Oh congratulations!! Well done!!!

Anita said...

well aren't you a clever chooky!! Congratulations on all your winnings, well done, you deserve it!

Jeanne said...

Way to go, Donna! You have lots of reasons to be proud.

jodie said...

congratulations......

Doodlebug Gail said...

Wow! Fantastic! I am so glad you did so well with your entries and especially with your photography - you deserve it.

Annie said...

In my haze I seem to have blinked and missed quite a bit on your post chooky but . . . congratulations on all those show entries and prizes. I am very proud of you and know how exciting it is to carry on the community spirit and fun of the show. I was a bit scared seeing that snake around bookworm's neck!!! Good on you is what I have to say tonight.

Annie said...

Oh, and I LOVE those chooks on hessian. I may have to pinch that idea for school. It looks F A B

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the entries, sounds like a good time was had by all.

May Britt said...

Congrats to you. How fun to participate in something like this and win.

Patti said...

Congratulations on all yor ribbons - be sure to hang them proudly in your sewing room! Beautiful items - I'm sure they are even more wonderful in person!

Pam said...

Congratulations Donna on all your great achievements!!!

Anne Ida said...

Congratulations, Donna! Well done, you!!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Be proud of yourself...you really deserve this... Congratulations!!!

Jodie said...

Super good job Chooky. Annie is a huge advocate of the local show, she will have the whole school involved !
Love your big bag !

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Congratulations - what an amazing achievement!!! Love your quilt and bags - you certainly have been busy this year. Loved the pic of the hessian chooks - that would be a great project to do with my daughter and her friends.

Cathy said...

WOO!! Hoo! for you! that's great news - you must be so proud of yourself. It's lovely when your work can be recognized - Poor Book Worm - that's what happens to one of my kids too!

Sarah Nopp said...

Wow! You brought home money! That is a really big deal. Take all the moments to bask you can get. It doesn't sound like you get many moments- loading wool???
I love the painted chickens- they make me smile

Ginger Patches said...

Congrats on all the prizes!!! Wow that is so awesome :) I love it all!!

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Congratulations. There is an amazing amount of work there, so glad you won lots. Love the chook paintings. They are fabulous.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, well done, you should be very proud.

Crafty Things said...

Congratulations you have every right to be proud. The chook paintings are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing such great photos.

Blossom said...

Well done!!!
I love the chooks too!!!

Christine said...

Congratulations on your outstanding results in the show. You are obviously a very talented lady.

Chocolate Cat said...

I am impressed, to go home from a country show with more $ than it cost to enter!! Congratulations on all your success.

Katherine said...

Wahoo! Way to go, Donna! Congratulations!

Carole said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! Congrads! That's amazing! Good for your! thanks for sharing!

Mama Spark said...

You *need* to visit my friend Natalie at chickenblog! She loves them too.